Your story may start with narcissistic abuse, but that ends here.
You’re not crazy. It’s not all in your head. It really has been that bad. And I believe you.
Welcome to DaughtersNPD
Specialized in treating adult daughters of mothers with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD).
If your mom has Narcissistic Personality Disorder, that means she can’t do love or intimacy. For her, love is conditional. It’s been a weapon she uses to get you to do what she wants.
Your mother likely:
- Makes you responsible for her feelings
- Blames you for everything that’s wrong in her life
- Ridicules and belittles your feelings
- Criticizes and bullies you into believing you are difficult to love
- Plays favorites with you and your siblings
- Pits you and your siblings against each other
- Uses gaslighting to change your side of the story
- Violates your privacy
- Blames, shames, and manipulates you into doing her bidding
- Ostracizes you or smothers you depending on the day
- Makes it hard for you to have relationships with others
- Separates you from extended family as she disrupts relationships with her drama
- Uses guilt to keep you loyal and quiet
A lifetime riddled with narcissistic abuse, criticism, shame and blame leaves its mark.
As the daughter of a narcissistic mother, you might:
- Be battling depression or anxiety
- Struggle with liking, loving, trusting, or respecting yourself
- Find relaxation hard as you can’t get out of fight, flight, or freeze
- Not know who you are or how to be who you are
- Have a hard time making decisions, knowing what you want, or choosing what you want
- Be challenged when communicating your thoughts, feelings, needs, or ideas
- Find loving and being loved a challenge
- Realize you have a pattern of attracting relationships just like the one you shared with your mother
- Be haunted by feelings of never being good enough
- Have caught yourself in a loop of people pleasing and chasing perfection
- Fear parenting your own children lest they be affected by your issues
- Want to set boundaries while fear doing so at the same time
- Be wondering what to do about or how to deal with your mother now